At Panolam Surface Systems®, we are committed to preserving our environment and enhancing the quality of life in the communities we serve. Our environmental focus is demonstrated in many ways—both large and small—that reflect the strength of that commitment.
We continue to advocate expanded awareness about the environment among our employees while encouraging new ideas to help keep our promise to preserve a vibrant and healthy environment.
Committed to a cleaner environment
- Panolam products are GREENGUARD certified for low emissions.
- Strategically located distribution and manufacturing facilities are across North America to limit fossil fuel use when delivering our products.
- We continue to develop and research environmentally friendly products like urea-formaldehyde free particleboard and the use of recycled kraft paper for the manufacturing of High Pressure Laminates.
- Many surfacing solutions are offered that are UL Certified for flame spread and smoke development.
Supporting environmental sustainability
- Up to 60 percent of the material used to manufacture laminates is paper. The paper used in our products is from recycled or renewable resources.
- Our products meet or exceed national testing standards for off-gassing emissions.
- Finished products can be installed with low or 0-VOC adhesives.
- We are working continuously to reduce hazardous waste. In some facilities, this reduction has been greater than 50 percent.
- All permit requirements for air and water emissions are rigorously adhered to at our facilities.
- At Panolam, we believe it is our responsibility for producing our products in a safe and healthful workplace as both common sense and good business.
- Panolam recognizes the importance of managing natural resources wisely and is committed to excellence in our environmental performance.
Learn more about Panolam’s commitment to environmental responsibility in the engineering and manufacturing of our products.
UL Environment is an organization that oversees the GREENGUARD certification program for indoor air quality. The goal of the program is to improve public health and quality of life by helping manufacturers build better and safer products.
Panolam Surface Systems® is proud to be recognized by this organization with GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD GOLD certification on many of our products.
GREENGUARD Gold Certificates:
Ontario Toxics Reduction Act
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Transparency Supply Chains Act